Follow me on Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 6, 2010

Island 'Day'cation -- Whidbey Island, WA


As I mentioned, photography is a new passion that I'm developing. I have no real education or training when it comes to using a camera, with the exception of I'm learning along the way. I've recently upgraded from a simple point-n-shoot to a slightly more advanced Nikon Coolpix. I take it with me wherever I go, including when I recently traveled via car and ferry to Whidbey Island, WA.
We stopped at several downtowns, as I love to look around at chic boutiques and yummy bakeries. We started at the bottom of the island with the town of Langley and made our way up to Coupeville, a town that stole my heart with all of its coastal scenery.


Oak Harbor was next on the list of stops, followed by a quick detour to check out the Naval Air Station Whidbey (couldn't pass up a chance to check out one of our bases!). The final stop on out 'day'cation itenerary included a quick stop at Deception Pass State Park. With beautiful views of the bridge, it was a perfect place to stop and take photos.



From there, we headed home and basked enjoyment of discovering so many local mini-adventures.

I'm sure we'll be back to Whidbey very soon to visit new areas and towns. Do you have any recommendations? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment