Follow me on Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year...new me?

Wow - it's been over a month since I posted last. I guess holiday's will do that to you. But now it's a new year and everyone around me has jumped on the New-Year's-Resolution-train. And as always, I have not. I've found that this time of year tends to be a time of giving up things while trying to incorporate others into our already busy schedules. We end up just throwing goals into the wind...as if this year our hopes for a better "me" will come to fruition.

For me, there has to be something more to it -- support from the Lord. If I want change in my life, it has to begin with Him. I have to start by prayerfully considering what areas of my life need work/improving. Then i have to dedicate my goals and efforts to Him. And as try each day to change for the better, I have to lean on Him for support. And when I 'fail' or get off track, He has to be my source for loving accountability. And when We've made great strides toward a better 'me,' he gets to share in my celebrations.

Deciding to stop eating chocolate, for instance, is unrealistic (at least in my world)...but committing to carefully considering that which I put into my body because it's a temple given to me by my Maker puts things into a slightly different perspective.
Saying I'm going to improve my marriage is a broad goal with little direction. However, looking at specific ways that I can incorporate the Lord into my roles as a committed and loving wife will likely reap more reward.

I guess what I'm saying is, I can't just make a change by simply making a New Year's resolution...it has to be more than that. For me, it has to be a commitment that I make with the help of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment